Problems with his ex girlfriend

My boyfriend's ex bought something for our baby. As far as I knew they haven't been talking until she suddenly decided to buy our baby a gift. She texted him and asked if he could meet her to get it and it has caused huge problems because I told him he could meet up with her and he said I HAD to go. He saidsa id I didn't go then I could find someone else to help pay the bills, sooo in other words if I don't meet his stupid ex and accept her gift then he isn't going to support his family. I am 8 months pregnant with his child, we live together, why should her feelings matter over mine? I don't want to meet her and don't feel like I should have to! I don't care if she is trying to be nice, it seems weird to me and I don't even know her.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• its a tough one. and the way he said u have to meet her or else yeah thats a bad sign of things to come. now for his x u never know she might just be a thoughtful person x or not. i have many x boyfriends that im still very good friends with and i have sent a gift to anyone of them who is expecting. but i just send like a giftcard and diapers. or an outfit with a note saying congradulations. but i never meet up with them i send it threw mail. ( unless im invited to the shower ) its one thing to be friendly but thats it.. a good will gester. but i would never force someone to meet up with someone. and to threaten if u dont screams jacka**. good luck hope it all works out.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• wow..i foresee problems in your future with this guy. the fact that he said you could find someone else to help you pay the bills is very creepy and it is a red flag . he should not let these words out of his mouth especially now that u are 8 months pregnant. wow...
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would not go. Ask him how he would feel if your ex wanted to meet him so that he could give the baby a gift? He probly wouldnt like that. He shouldnt be giving you ultimatums like that. Be careful hun, I dont know your situation but just because the ex is getting the baby a gift doesnt mean she has good intentions. What are his intentions, of having you meet with her? Hope he isnt trying to say she has good intention and they are just friends while he is sleeping with her behind your back
    KaydeAnn

Answer by KaydeAnn at 12:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It's kinda of odd that's he's taken such offense to the fact that you don't want to go and see his ex-girlfriend..it is a little weird. But I would go to keep the peace but I would have a serious conversation with him about this also. This is really iffy though......
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• After reading your 2nd comment and re-reading the post I agree with the other mom it's a red flag. I'm sorry you're going thru this stress while pregnant.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I SAY SCREW BOTH OF THEM!!!! SHE HAS NO BUSINESS ALL up in HIS relationship/child with you. I wish he would tell me to find someone to pay the bills......LOL , He'd have my foot so far up his rump ole girl wouldn't want his broke A**.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree with the others that it is really suspicious how he is forcing you to meet her. She shouldn't be a factor in your relationship or your baby's life. I think he may still have some unresolved feelings but that you definitely shouldn't trust the ex who seems to have ulterior motives. I have seen the same problems arise with my friends and even in my own life, somehow some women just want to interfere because they may be miserable and want company. Even if they're married, it doesn't mean they're totally trustworthy. An ex of mine kept receiving text pics/msgs from his exgf with her in a bikini or with nosey questions about our relationship and she was married so he kept thinking she had no ulterior motive. WRONG. She then accused me of sending her text msgs that she could never prove and claimed she deleted them. Anyway, she accomplished making us not trust each other. Be very careful
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It really does seem weird but I refuse to go. He gets his way in everything and I am sick of feeling like I always have to do what he wants
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Id be more afraid hes still in love with the ex and they plan to kill you and take your baby to raise on their own. Thats just to much of an over reaction to try and force you to meet her or he's gone.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'm not that paranoid vbruno!! lol. I just don't like like him talking to her then him telling me I HAVE to meet with her...
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011