I don't understand

How can people look at me with such disgust because of my pregnant belly, when what is inside my belly makes me so happy and I have so much love for it?

I dont understand it.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 11:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• F*%k those people! Pregnancy is beautiful..don't let them get you down...you are having your own little miracle in your belly focus on that and do not give those idiots any of your energy.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• maybe it's the way you dress? how young you look? Ask the next person WHY you staring at me with that look on your face? Whats your problem? If they dont sleep with you or pay your bills and care for you who cares what they think?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't know. I used to just detest the dirty looks I would get when I would throw up being pregnant...Sorry my morning sickness bothers YOU. And worse yet, it would happen when I was obviously pregnant AND had a child or two in tow. Not once did anyone ask me if I was okay, or even say anything polite like "Hope it passes" or "I remember going through it." Just dirty looks. EGH.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I had to go to my school to get paperwork and people were snickering and glaring and making comments and looking at me with such disgust. Don't get me wrong, I dont give two shits about what someone thinks about me, but when I came home and I was laying down and feeling my son move in my belly and I just feel so much love for him already, I dont understand how someone can be so disgusted with me over something that I love so much and makes me so happy.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am at a younger age than some people would like me to be for being pregnant, but thats none of their business. And it cant be the way I dress, I wear sweats or maternity jeans a tshirts. What am I supposed to do, wear a tent so they cant see my belly?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• who cares what they look at you as, when dey look at you u just look right back at them the same exact way and throw dem the middle finger...**SOMETIMES YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH BEING RUDE BECAUSE YOUR PREG** lol i use to all da time...
    cheristar84

Answer by cheristar84 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Well how old are you? do you look really young? I had my first son at 22 and one day my hubby took me and our baby out shopping well these older middle aged women took one look at me with the baby and start talking so much crap not to me but right by me.... They were saying Omg, that is horrible look at how her probably only 16-17 already with a baby that's disgusting, and so on...I ended up leaving the store crying...even though I was 22 and shouldn't have felt bad at all...I just look young I dress my age and don't look sluty,or anything I just look young everyone in my family does.
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 11:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Im 18, but I look more like 20, but clearly from your experience mommatabby, even looking 20 or near there is still considered too young to the stuck up middle aged women who apparently think they are the only ones capable of being a mother, I hate that type.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Try to ignore it, people like that are gross not you. Pregnancy is beautiful and an amazing gift. I have 3 kids and honestly I dont want anymore, at least not for a while, but I miss being pregnant. I always thought it was such a cool thing and an amazing experience. Dont let anybody bring you down.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am a young mother of 2 wonderful children, and I am judged for it all the time. People I don't even know will come up to the grocery store and make totally snide remarks. The best thing to do is just ignore it. I know I am a great mom, and I wouldn't trade my life for anything no matter what. You should be proud you have so much love for your son already. It makes me very sad when women just don't want their children for no good reason.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 2:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2011