What do you think they'll write about him in the History books?

Okay ladies....We know George W Bush made history when he was elected President being that his Dad was President also. You have to admit that's a bit of cool history right there. But, there has been so much going on and so many negative things happen during his term. I know there have been good things as well but it's difficult to remember what good he's done. Don't get me wrong..I'm not trying to bash him. Heck, I voted for him but I can't remember the good things for all the talk about the bad. In helping me remember..please tell me what you think the history books will say. Keep in mind we're all aware of the bad...let's just try to focus on the good shall we?

happy2bme7

Asked by happy2bme7 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it will be like Reagan. They hated Reagan and by the time he passed away they had nothing but good things to say about him. He DID do good. There were no more attacks on our soil during his term. he staved off a recession as long as he could (we were already heading down at the end of Clinton's term) He implemented the first major reforms in education in decades (I know it's not perfect but it's a start which is more than some presidents.). I think most people have bought into the hype of the VERY liberal media and in the years to come (especially after the embarrassing way they covered this last election) I think the media will be the ones under scrutiny.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Reagan , ugh...no comment
    Bush...hopefully it will read something like, It was a dark time in our nations history...so many from the Bush administration indicted while in office followed by His own trial for war crimes and treason shortly after his second term ended!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Well that's not really focusing on the good...lol. You can't think of anything positive about his term pp?
    Anonymous

• Momof030404...great answer.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Its too bad people want the media under scrunity, I would much rather they have putthe govt officials under scrunity...
    How many of his admin. were indicted? revealing a CIA agents identity?? very patriotic...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Too bad we only know what the media tells us. Shame on us for not knowing the good things hes done. There have been some great things like appointing two great supreme court justices. Of course its all in perspective. Just people arent' happy, the want to blame the president. Oh goody, next year, when our finances are under attack and we have to homeschool, I get to blame obama..much better than taking responsibility for myself and my own feelings.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• ANY person that was president for the last 8 years would be going through what he's going through! So many terrible things have happened in this country and it wasn't his fault. It was just luck of the draw. He just so happened to be in office at that time. If it were Obama, there'd be plenty to say about him as well!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I meant no disrespect in my question. Like I said I voted for Bush. Both times. I just wanted to bring out the good and not focus on the bad.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The history books will say, "Gas was $1.47 a gallon when Bush took office, then it skyrocketed to $3.99 a gallon." .... at the end of his term, amazingly, they began to decline! ....hmmm ....
    Anonymous

• Well, during his presidency, we had no repetitions of the type of attacks we suffered on Sept. 11, 2001. That's a long time! It is true that what the US did with its military kept the terrorist organizations on the run on their own turf rather than allowing them to train and plan. Their presence among the Iraqi people was just like gangsters who dominate and terrorize a slum in Detroit, and US soldiers broke that dominance and got the country re-building its communities. The men who know the most - the men ACTUALLY THERE - feel very good about what they are doing. The media covers up the stories of the HUGE numbers of men re-upping while they are still IN Iraq - men who COULD be coming home if it was actually as futile as the media say.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2008