I really need some advice from a nurse, no help at docs!!! PLEASE HELP!!

ok so i am 26 yrs old i have been preg 4 times and have 4 children so i kno what it feels like to be pregnant..i am not ttc but if it happens it just does..i have been having pregnancy symptoms for a couple mons now and its driving me crazy and making me look crazy to everyone even the docs!! i kno im not crazy, it started out as fatigue extreme fatigue for a couple weeks beginning of feb...then my lmp was jan.16...it is now april 5 n i had light light spots of pink yesterday after intercourse n dats it...i have food cravings, gained belly weight that"s noticeable, very bad nausea, headaches, dull backache , and i even feel the feeling of butterflies( best i cann describe it) in my uterus, i feel tighting at times down there as well....ok so i guess your thinking ok your pregnant so wats crazy right? ok i"ve taken numerous multiple prenancy test i got one slight positive on a hpt two weeks ago off an early morn first urine..the line was barely der but visible..i go to the er on this past monday take a test negative but still no menstrual and all symptoms still there....am i crazy is this normal can i be preg somebody give me some words of encouragement please!!! my doc wont give me a blood test til apr 29th but the suspense is killing me i need to know is there something else that can be causing these symptoms...please help!!

cheristar84

Asked by cheristar84 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if you read to much into your symptoms your going to believe them. The butterflies could just be muscle spasms i get them all the time and it drives me nuts making me think im pregnant. good luck i hope you get answers soon.
    Autumn19

Answer by Autumn19 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Thanks Autumn19, i was thinking the same thing about reading to much into the symptoms but i just cant get over the fact that i haven't had a menstrual in almost 3 months, that's just crazy, and the weight gain started before i noticed it, my parthner kept telling me i was pregnant and i kept telling him he was totally insane!! he was the one that started pointing the things out to me that i were doing such as sleeping alllllll day long which is very wierd for me which i usually am a night owl and am up alll night and doesnt sleep til kids have left for school...but i was not waking at all i mean i cud sleep forever...lbvs, and then the other symptoms...i dont know what dis is but thanks anyways for taking time to read and reply....
    cheristar84

Comment by cheristar84 (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• sometimes thinking about something too much might cause the symptoms (think of how hysteria works to cause symptoms based on the mind-body connection). You may not be pregnant but I would still take precautions as if you are (no smoking, no drinking, etc.) It could just be stress. I had this kind of scare a few times and it turned out I wasn't and that it was just stress.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'm a nurse.

It really does sound as though you are pregnant. That faint line on the HPT is what is making me think so. Those tests rarely show a false positive, false negatives are more common with HPTs. I don't understand why the doctor's office won't give you a blood test sooner, the sooner the better whan it comes to pregnancy, right?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My very best friend had negative urine tests and negative blood tests and still felt off. She had to go see a specialist who finally decided to do an ultrasound. She was measuring 12 weeks and four days. Needless to say having FINALLY confirmed pregnancy she stopped taking tests. But in that 12 weeks and four days she had 8 negative urine and five negative blood tests. Her body just did not make enough HCG to build up in her system.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2011