Anyone ever used yogurt on their face?

I've been reading about yogurt facials and was thinking of trying it, but wanted to hear some actual stories of if it worked or not.

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Health

• yes but not specifically as a facial. I found out through experiment that yogurt is a great skin soother (similar to oatmeal I guess). I had a weird allergic reaction to braces scraping against the inside of my lip and tried everything but nothing seemed to work except Carmex seemed to provide some distraction due to the menthol in it. I ate yogurt and smeared a bit on my lips and it helped alleve the itchiness a lot! I did some internet research and it seems that plain, non-sugary yogurt is the best for your face/skincare since sugar can actually promote bacterial growth and worsen any symptoms.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I have plain non-fat cultured yogurt... I'm gonna try it out and see what happens....Anyone else ever use it?
    BlainesMommy09

Comment by BlainesMommy09 (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I never heard of that but think I will get some and try it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yup
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011