What's your Cafemom "drama" personality?

Are you a lover or a fighter (or both)? Are you loud and opinionated, or do you skip questions that you find controversial? Do you love or hate drama?

Do you tend to get along with most women on here?

Personally, I'm kinda the same as I am offline. I am always honest and often opinionated. I really try to be nice to everyone, and if someone is genuine, I'll always try to be polite, whether I agree with them or not. However, there are those times when I just cannot keep my fingers off of the keyboard, and I don't always tell people what they want to hear. I've had a lot people tell me I am really nice and that they liked me and my answers, but I also know that there are women here who can't stand me and think I'm a total b*tch, lol! I can smell the BS and those who want drama, and sometimes I should probably just skip the question, but I can't always do it, haha! Sometimes I just read and don't reply. I don't like to be directly involved in the drama, but I do sometimes find it entertaining, lol!

Overall, even with all the drama and trolls, I do like most of the moms who regularly post here. There are a lot of differences between us, but it makes it interesting, and I've learned that just bc I am very different from a mom doesn't mean that we can't still be friends. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I'm pretty much the same person on here and in real life....even if I am saying something that I know people won't agree with I try to say it and as nice a way as possible...I like READING the drama but I definatly don't want to be involved and most of the time avoid confrontation at all cost....I try to be humerous and upbeat in my replies unless I'm just having a bad day...the only time I can get snarky is when someone answers one of my questions rudely for no good reason....it irritates me because I go out of my way not to be rude to people....anyways yeah lol....got a little wordy there..sorry about that lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• im a bit of a debbie downer. boo. but im basically the same in real life.
    Autumn19

Answer by Autumn19 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If I don't have anything nice to say, I try not to say anything at all. If i feel that something really needs to be said though, I will say it. Otherwise, I just don't have the energy to bicker with folks online.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am pretty much the same on here as I am in real life. I dont like confrontation, I tend to sugar coat things, but I am always honest when I have something to say. We are all different people and I dont expect other mothers to have the same views as I do and thats fine, its what makes a topic interesting while expressing feelings..but not attacking a person :)
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 11:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am what I am - rather you encounter me on CM or in person. I try to use good sound judgement when it comes defining that drama line - and once something has been defined as drama for drama's sake, then I usually take a quick exit to get away from it. Drama is always a waste of perfectly useful energy and I don't like to waste my breath (or the paint on my keyboard). I love real conversation, love talking to people, love the back and forth and getting all the different ideas and thoughts of my fellow moms. I always try to be as genuine as I can be without offering myself and my life as an open book on the internet. CM isn't *that important to me.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 12:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm like you, I don't like to cause drama. I do realize that we are all entitled to our opinion. But if I can't say it nicely, then I just don't leave an answer. It's not worth it to get someone upset. Just because we talk on here doesn't mean we know everything about the other person, so you can't always assume things. I just choose to not cause drama, I'm not one of those people.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Honestly? I depends on what kind of day I'm having. Some days, I'm just not very confrontational on CM. (I'm VERY RARELY confrontational IRL) On those days, I'll skip confrontational questions, or give nice little sweet neutral comments.

Other days, I just don't give a hoot. I'll answer any and every question that I feel like, I won't sugar coat things, and I'll call people out for their BS. I'm not RUDE or picking fights - I'm just blunt.

The only people that have ever openly let me know that they dislike me were anonymous, in which case I just don't care.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Mostly I stay out of drama and think it's pretty silly. Occasionally, I will jump in because:

a) I'm in a scrappy mood and just feel like saying my piece
    b) I feel I have something worthwhile to add
    c) I feel I have something funny to add
    d) Someone is getting reamed undeservedly
    e) I have an opportunity to post a fitting LOLcat

Other than that, I will sometimes read the drama threads, and I know who the typical cafemom instigators are, but I don't participate often. Not a drama queen, here or in real life.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I give honest opinion and advice when I have it, even if it might be rude or not what she wants to hear. Of course I do my best to let someone down easy if it is not going to be a positive reply. Sometimes the truth hurts. I don't look for drama, but I don't sugar coat either. We come on here seeking real advice, so I really feel an honest answer regardless of the outcome is only fair :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• (lets count the dv's)
    I'm opinionated, but I get along with most everyone. Many of the moms on my friends list are people who I argue with on a regular basis. There is nobody on it who I agree with about everything. I treat people neutrally until they give me a reason not to. While I'm not particularly interested in starting drama for no reason, I find it highly entertaining when someone who goes after me and gets called out for it then turns up here 5 minutes later to start a drama post about how mean everyone is, or some passive aggressive anon post calling for opinions about something I've said, but taken totally out of context. Usually a link to their original post is enough to kill it, but the really fun ones will try to defend WHY it was ok for them to be spontaneously rude to me or others, but not ok for a dozen other people to respond to them in kind. The only ones that creep me out are the extra paranoid.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011