Did u ever separate then get back together or did it not work

Me and my hubby have been married 6 years. We recently had a falling out and we have been separated for over a month. It was not a peaceful fallout, he became very cold and verbally hurtful..their was a huge family reunion of him and family he had not seen for 20 years that really overwhelmed him emotional and caused some issues...he has calmed down now and realizes what he did was wrong for being so mean and I realized something I did to him 5 years that really hurt him and was still to this day bothering him, we reconciled. I am flying back to our home in germany this weekend (he's military,we were stationed in germany) and although things are really good between us now,loving, excited to start over, he's really expressing his emotions now, just really good...its only been long distance discussions....so seeing eachother again is a rather huge moment. If anyof you have been in similar situations...after the reunion were their any difficult moments due to the separation etc. ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• We have been divorced since 2001, been to court too many times to count and mediation every year. We both dated other people during divorced but did'nt pan out. So we talked and talked and decided we still loved each other and wanted to raise the kids and grow old together. We have been back together almost 1 year. So far, so good.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 11:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes, and it was a bit similar to your situation we both had feelings about certain things that happened that we were hiding and after really opening the lines of communication we are now better than ever. Good luck :) It really seems like things will be better for you and your husband.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We were together 4 yrs, married 2 yrs & we separated for 7 mo. Got back together again. That lasted 4 yrs. Worst choice I ever made looking back. I should have stayed away from him the first time.
    Anonymous

• good to hear that. a lot of ppl here doubt that it will work out, been told most separations never come back together right. despite that this is my choice to make, and I chose my husband. the way he talks to me now, its amazing. i have never seen him express this much emotion. i feel nervous about reuniting with him! like that feeling in your stomach you got before a date early on. i doubt i'll be able to sleep at all on the 11 hr plane ride
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We kept trying. Each time the "honeymoon" period was great but short lived. We ended up divorcing but your's may be fine. good luck

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yup! I left my son's father soooo many times during the last 2 years of our relationship (we were together for 6 as well), I can't even count! I wanted out SO badly but had no idea how to do it & stick to it. I wasn't even sure if thats what I truly wanted whenever I left him until this last time, 2 yrs ago. I woke up one morning and BOOM! It hit me like a brick. I called him at work, told him how i felt & that it was real this time. I'm moving out before he gets home from work. He's still very bitter & cold to this day. We tried therapy and everything. Nothing worked, but who knows. It's not like that for everyone. I know ppl that split up for years than go back together & were totally happy. They just needed that time a part. ya know ? Just don't do it for the children. Good Luck!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2011