so confused....

My periods are irregular. Mylast period was sept 1st 2008. I took two preg test in october, both were negative. I took three Nov. 24 all were positive. so I went to the doc to get a ultrasound and it just looked like a tiny egg. The nurse really didnt know what to say, she just said wait for weeks to see what happens. Anyone has any advice? she said it could be a early pregnancy. But I havent had a period.

mzQ

Asked by mzQ at 11:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• So the nurse did your ultrasound? You need to have it done by an ultrasound tech and they will no for sure what a pregnant uterus looks like. I would kick the nurse for giving you an ignorant responce. If she is just a nurse, she has absolutly no training in knowing what a pregnant US looks like.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• obviously the "nurse" did have training in giving ultra sounds otherwise she wouldn't have been on the equipment!
    Anonymous

• My periods were irregular in September also. I took two test that both said negative but when I didn't see a period in October I took another one that was positive. Went to the doctor to confirm and it too was positive. Did the nurse take a urine sample and test you there?
    futuremrs608

Answer by futuremrs608 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Maybe ask for a blood test, I heard those are more acurate. Hope I helped!
    futuremrs608

Answer by futuremrs608 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• If you got 3 positives, your pregnant. The ultrasound is supposed to look like a tiny "egg" at that point. I had my first U/S at 6 wks and she just looked like a little peanut. At about 4 wks, it's only going to look like an egg tho, because she is so small. Good luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Yes, before she did the ultrasound she did a pregnancy test again and it was positive but I've never gotten a blood test done. im just wondering how i could have gotten preg w/o having a period in october. From the U/S im a couple of weeks. oooooo im so confused!!!!
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 8:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008