Did anyone else watch extreme couponing ?

What did you think?? I wish I could save as much money as they do but it seems like a little to much for me. Whats your OP

mommato2boys79

Asked by mommato2boys79 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• Those people are the crazies that don't get the coupon concept. LOL I save half my bill when I shop, but, I only buy what I will use and need. I do not have some crazy stash. I also have a huge coupon binder full of my coupons. Last month, I bought $140something worth of groceries and in the end, I only paid $70something for it. I usually save 50%.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i watched it , i don't have the time to do all that
    evil.wicked.lov

Answer by evil.wicked.lov at 12:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yup, we watched it. It's hard to believe that they can save that much money, but that one girl spent 5 hours in the grocery store! I think it is a little much too, but is 98% savings worth it? I don't know.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think everyone of them senile ladies are nuts.
    It's like a full time job just clipping the things. I'll use them...but the key into saving money is YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A COUPON FOR IT.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Im really into coupons... big time and I can never get above 80% savings. However, i don't buy stuff just cause its $.10 or free. Its only a good deal if you still want it when you get home. Seems like an episode of Hoarders sometimes.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The amount of stuff they have stockpiled and they go out and get more? why not donate some of it to charity? like a womans shelter.
    And it is greedy to clear off a shelf just because you gave enough coupons.

my sister and her brother do this and it is ridiculous and then when stuff expires she gives it to me! I do not want 5 boxes of expired cereal or 8 bottles of expired dressing. I tell her if she isn't going to use the stuff then she is just wasting not saving. but she brags about how she saves more then she spends.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think these people are a little crazy. I mean, yeah, they can get thousands of dollars worth of groceries for a few bucks but the inventory they accumulate represents a sizeable investment (not to mention they need the storage space to store it all) and I feel the financial amount represented could be better spent elsewhere. And honestly, would you want to stock up on 85 bottles of ketchup or whatever??? These people will probably be dead before they go through their supply. And the thought of that makes me sick - that most of the food will keep that long (thanks to chemicals and preservatives in the products) ... ick.

I think it's just another form of hoarding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2011