Buy some makeup lol

Earlier my three year old son told me I needed to go to the grocery store and buy some makeup. I looked at him really sad and said "Why? Am I not pretty?" playing around with him and he got a really serious look and said "No...Well, you are just a little pretty...but you give lots of love." ! I didn't know if I I should laugh or be offended lol

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL. Just laugh about it. He's only 3... he doesn't mean anything by saying that.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Lol. Laugh. Kids say the darndest things!
    Ashley0709

Answer by Ashley0709 at 2:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Too funny. I would take it as a compliment. My son wanted me to "paint my eyes and lips" and also grow my hair longer. I have a pixie cut. When I asked him why he said because he wanted me to look like all the other moms. So I bought some lip gloss and him some chap stick and we put our beauty product on together. I remind him in all the ways I am like other moms but describe what makes me me - special and different. Then I point out how is similar to other kids but also how he is unique. As long as the love is there that is all that matters. You have a smart kid.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• They say the damnest things!  With my hormones, I probaly would have cried.  He did however say that you are a little pretty so yes, take it as a compliment, lol.  My son told me a few weeks ago that I am fat.  I started crying.  Freaking pregnancy hormones.  Then when he noticed I was crying, he said "don't worry mommy, your not fat, the baby is fat".  LOL~!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'd just laugh.. my kids tell me i'm really pretty when I put makeup on or just put my hair in a ponytail or if I spend any amount of time in the bathroom getting ready to go anywhere . lol.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Kids are brutally honest. I'd take it for what it was and do something about it.

How grateful we all are that you decided to drop by and post this awesome comment.  I hope it gave you a good laugh to try and ruin someone elses day because I know I got a good laugh at how pathetic you are. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I hear you. My 4yo told me the other day that I need to put on my makeup cause he doesn't want me to be ugly when I take him to therapy... Thanks kid!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Aww I think he was trying to compliment, that was sweet.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• lol I am pregnant also and he told me a while back I was fat
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2011