Is it better to workout early in the morning?

Or does it really matter just as long as I do my workout?

tnvplus2

Asked by tnvplus2 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• If you workout in the am I feel like youd eat better in the day rather eating bad meals thennn going to work it off
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• it doesn't matter really. BUT i HEARD if you workout in the morning its better because you burn calories during the day? or something along those lines. but that doesn't mean if you CANT work out in the morning you should just not workout at all. I tend to work out in the evenings because thats when I have time.
    i hope someone can explain this better than I did lol, like back it up with facts haaaaasorry.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I feel its better in the morning, rather than at night when you are tired from the day, make excuses not to exercise, and have it possible interfere with your sleep.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Ultimately, as long as you do it, and you have the energy to put into it, anytime is good. I prefer the mornings, because my energy is highest then, so I feel like I get a better workout. But that's me. Also, I find less gets in the way of my morning workouts.
    There is some evidence that your metabolism is higher post-workout, but the boost only lasts about an hour, so it doesn't make a huge difference in your day in that way. Plus, you should be eating something after you workout.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Ok I wasn't sure so I thought this was the perfect place to ask.
    tnvplus2

Comment by tnvplus2 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Actually, recent research shows that if you work out in the afternoon it is better since your muscles are already warmed up from being active all day. I can't remember where I read that though...it may have been Runner's World magazine...
    I tend to work out in the afternoon more than in the morning. Sometimes I do both, it just depends on my day and mood.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You'll find evidence pointing in either direction, but if you make time daily to exercise whether it's morning or evening, you'll get results - better than not exercising at all. so workout when it's most convenient for you! I workout mostly in the morning, but sometimes at night. It's when life allows me to find the time. Either is oK!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I've heard cardio in the morning, weights in the evening.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't think it matters. I can see the benefits to both. You just have to make sure not to workout too late at night b/c it can mess with your sleep.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It doesn't matter. work out when you feel most energetic!
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 2:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2011