Care.com?

Do any of you use it? Is it reliable?
Im in az and NEED a babysitter before i crack :P jk I want to get a job, and maybe go on a date or two and need a sitter that is reliable and doesnt do any stupid shit :P

spitfire06

Asked by spitfire06 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Never heard of it. What city do you live in?
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 12:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• haha idk if it works. id be nervous to go on a site tho for a sitter but thats just me. it might be worth a shot to try it out.
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I heard of it and supposedly it's endorsed by Suze Orman (the financial expert) but I would still do a careful screening with any candidates since it does involve the safety of your children. Do a test run, pay for 1-2 hours while you're still at the house "doing other work" and observe the interaction. Also, invest in a nanny cam. Ask friends/neighbors/other moms at your kids' schools for recommendations.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i use it, got a sitting job that way, i had the site run my background so it made it easy for people to see i was not a crazy. Also, Sittercity.com

I dunno if id use it for my kids, but i am very anal. I would most def meet them in a public place and run an extensive test/ require references :)
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Honestly, two of the best places to go through. Local PTA, asking teachers and staff, and go to the day cares. These places usually know their kids better than anyone and can put you into the best position because you can get a lot of opinions and for free.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 10:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It's a good site. I found our nanny there and a bunch of babysitters and backup sitters. I posted a job and then got responses from ppl. But I also browsed local ppl near me, including college kids (though I chose a 40+ nanny). I'm clueless on where to begin on this stuff, so they gave me tons of good question ideas to ask, and ideas for a contract (for our nanny, not the sitters). Plus, they have background checks on everyone -- their big thing is safety, which I liked. Hope that helps.
    newtonmom22

Answer by newtonmom22 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2011