how do i tell my SO that I'm having 2nd thoughts about him proposing to me

How do you tell your SO who you know is going to propose to you this month that you are having second thoughts before he pops the question? the reason for this is because we have 2 dogs and there are times that I really feel that the dogs are more important to him in his life then his daughter, me and my daughter. it feels as it goes this way him, the dogs, my daughter, me, and then his daughter. I had spoken to him about this before and he says that I'm crazy the dogs are not first. we don't do anything as a couple and when we do its always in a hurry because the dogs are alone. when we are intimate and we are finish the first thing he does is open the door so they can come in and the barking will stop. I think to myself who does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• You sit down and make a list and tell him you need to talk to him about things concerning you. This way you have an open and honest way to bring things to his attention without just complaining or whatever. Make it like a meeting of sorts. This should not only bring it to his attention but also give you an idea of how seriously he takes your concerns. *Source- Im a psych major and came from my relationship lesson*

Answer by gemgem at 12:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• just tell him straight out that you are not sure about all of this. honesty is the best way to go
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The good thing is.....it's only a ring. It doesn't mean you have to get married. It doesn't mean much of anything really. You can walk away at any point without much of a mess....unlike if your wedding was set for this month.

Just flat out tell him.....your not ready.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i agree with gemgem, i would also let him know ahead of time that you want this meeting and put it within a certain time frame, let him know that you want to get everything off your chest before he starts to reply and that when he replies that you will be quiet and listen.
    Mum2Alex

Answer by Mum2Alex at 1:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• If you are thinking of not marrying him. Then your thinking of breaking up with him then, right??? The reason I say this is because my husband told me, that if I would not have said yes when he proposed, he would have broke up with me.  You should be ready for that.

Answer by louise2 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2008