I am freaking out..... what the hell do i do? adult content

I've been living with SO for 5 months, he started going to the doctor for depression medicane.Well the Dr put him on a high blood pressure med. and did blood work. His blood work came back and his blood sugar was WAY too high so they put him on a diabetes med. And then he gets a letter from a local health department all it said was to contact them about his blood work. So he put it off until today, he called and they tell him it is possible he has HEP B, that ir may just be a false positive. First thing that crosses my mind it WTF U DIDNT GET THAT FROM ME!!!! He needed time to himself, which i gave him then comes out and says u need to be tested, so i call my mom worried and saking her questions. She tell me i have to get DD tested too.... now im freaking even more. I love him i want to marry him. After dinner we talk more and i tell him DD has to be tested to. He says the nurse there told him that 90% of the time it is spread by blood.... not sex? which confused me .... and not by drinking or eating after someone. So im freaking out idk what to do.... I know i need to be tested for it.and hes getting REtested to make sure he does or doesnt... But i love him.... and im freaking out my daughter might have it tooo. The state i live in vaccaintes infants for it at birth. I need advice. What would u do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• First of all, take a few deep breaths and try to calm yourself. I know it is scary but freaking out won't help. Keep in mind that he may not actually have Hep B. If he does have it know that most adults can clear the infection without long term consequences. It can be transmited through blood or body fluids that contain blood such as urine, semen, vaginal secretions, etc. If you don't have have Hep B or didn't have it when you were pregnant your daughter is highly unlikely to have it. She was likely given her first Hep B vaccine before you left the hospital. This first vaccine provides 90% immunity. I hope you get the final answers soon. Just take it one day at a time. This does not have to change your relationship or marriage plans at all. If you find out you or both of you are negative for hep b you should look into getting both of you vaccinated for it.
    lori57703

Answer by lori57703 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I agree. You're freaking out, but you still don't even have a definite diagnosis yet. Calm. Breathe. :) *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• http://www.emedicinehealth.com/hepatitis_b/article_em.htm read this, it has some good info and try to stay calm, hopefully it was a false positive. If he does have it, most adults can get rid of the infection without problems.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 1:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Take things one step at a time in appropriate order.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Sometimes things happen, and you will get through this. First you need to calm down!! Take a deep breath, do whatever it is that helps you relax and think this through a little more. Make yourself and your daughter an appointment tomorrow, and don't freak yourself out. Read up on the facts, the symptoms, and be aware of anything you find suspicious and tell your doctor about it either on the phone or at the appointment you made. Good luck though. I think the most important thing is to just stay calm, don't freak out your daughter.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 1:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My DH cannot donate blood because every time he tries they tell him he has Hep C (I think thats the one, anyway). When he first found this out he was only 16 or 17 and he got multiple tests done to see if he does have it... and he doesn't. Idk why it shows that he has it when he donates blood but he doesn't have it. I've been with him for almost 6 yrs and we have a son together and a daughter on the way. I do not have it and it's one that you contract sexually. Maybe your SO is having this same problem, idk. Maybe he should get more work done to make sure he does in fact have it. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Just stay calm and do some research on the condition and first of all see if your dd has it. If so, it could be something he contracted from his family or something. What does he do for a living? Could he have gotten it there? Is it a definite that he has it? Do some research on it and get answers rather than freak. Hope everything turns out ok!
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Like others have said, calm down. Get tested and if you do have it get treatment for it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• relax...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I agree with the others, try to relax (I know it's hard!) and go talk to your doctor about your concerns.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2011