Do you think it could be the hysterectomy ?

Ok, this sounds SO dumb. I know it! But I can't help it it's how I feel and I'm going to embrace it. Ok so I've been struggling with ppd and bonding issues big time with my son his entire 4 yrs of life.

Well, I had a hysterectomy on 3/24th/2011. I now have these strong motherly instincts that I had before I developed PPD. It's so awesome. I'm loving every second of it. I don't know what happened or how it happened, but the hysterectomy is the only thing I can think of. It's the only thing that's different. Maybe being knocked out for 4 hours reset my brain ? LOL

Does this sound dumb or do you think it's possible ?? Either way, I'm gonna embrace the feelings I'm having. lol !! ya know ? I just wanted to get different opinions about this. I kinda feel like I gave birth to him all over again & we are starting fresh besides the fact that he's 4 and not a newborn (which that I missed due to my illness *tears*) That's only a little amount of his life tho, I have the rest of his life to make it up to him. He don't remember then, but he does remember now. Ya know ?

Anyways please don't bash me. Postpartum depression is real and hard to get passed. I don't want opinions on how I missed his newborn moments. I was ill regardless what anyone thinks. Trust me, I beat myself up over that everyday, but it was out of my control. I'm just wanting your opinions if you think its the hysterectomy. lol Oh they didn't take anything, but my uterus & tubes. So I still have my ovaries. I know those are what causes your hormone changes, but IDK. I'm confused LOL and on cloud 9 at the same time! I'm thinking its more of like the knocking me out reset my brain, LOL!! Maybe it's the fact that I can't have anymore kids? I didn't want anymore tho. Never did after him. So I don't think that's it. I had a choice to have this done, so if I wanted anymore, I had a choice. ya know ??
Anyways what'cha ladies think ??

loudnproud87

Asked by loudnproud87 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I had my hysterectomy at a later age when my children were grown or were older teenagers. Getting rid of my uterus was the best thing I ever did. I had depressive PMS that disappeared. My anemia went away and I felt better in general. My sex life improved and I had a better attitude about everything. So mine helped me tremendously. Glad to see that it did the same for you.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 7:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thanks. It improved my mom's life at age 22 as well. Thanks for your support & reply !! :)
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2011