I work at a shelter....another sad story :( and a vent

So there is this mom who had a baby, baby is 4 months old. I would se her walk around the shelter every once in a while and she always seemed pretty "of" to me, the mom did.

Well
of course, today I get news that she had been leaving her baby in the room alone to go be strung out on drugs, she was possibly medicating the baby so she would tay asleep. OMG Just sickening to me.

The shleter had a feeling she was abusing prescriptions and what not, but it doesn't play into abuse until she actually negected her child, and that she did. CPS came and took the baby away.

you can cast your opinions ask question, whatever, I just needed to get that info out of me.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• That poor baby :( I always feel so sad for kids in this kind of situation. Glad they did something about it, now I hope she goes to a good family that will love and take care of her!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• aawww thats soo sad :( poor baby
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• That is super sad :(
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• This, is exactly why I would love to foster kids. Sorry you had to see it, but better you saw it and know what to look for next time.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 11:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2011