CPS and the school~Are they just doing this as a scare tactic? *UPDATE*

If CPS made this report last Thursday, isn't it by law that they have to investigate this within 72 hours?

Can CPS obtain medical records without my authorization/signature?

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• WHAT REPORT???? And yes, I think its within 72 hours and yes, they can get any information they feel like. Med records, school records, shrink records etc for anyone in the family or household
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 2:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If you post a question, you have to fill in the blanks. What report?
    Child Protective Services can obtain records, especially if it is by court order. If they get a warrant for it, then obviously there is a reason for them to get the information. Honestly, I don't mind people getting information to help keep my child and family safe.
    Saying you have a problem with CPS is like saying you don't mind with children being neglected and abused.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 8:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• CPS can get any information NO MATTER IF U DONT SIGN OR THEY DON'T HAVE A WARRANT. I have been there. first time my oldest DD got to a pill my mom (who has Multiple sclerosis) dropped before my mom. Second time someone claimed I was trying to harm my oldest DD with melatonin (presribed by her doctor & given per directions), and lastly within a week of the melatonin one, this guy who when asked to pay my DHs grandma rent decided to claim my DH was having sex with his 15 yr old, called in claiming he was sexually asaulting our kids. Investigations were all closed almost immediatly. But I didn't sign the last time and the caseworker didn't have a warrant & still was able to get their medical records. When i tried to sue for it, I was told that legally they have more rights then the parents do to any and all medical, legal, and school records.
    lyvi

Answer by lyvi at 9:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Sry I didn't give the full story. If you do a search for the title of this question without the UPDATE part you will find the full story.
    JohnsonFamily5

Comment by JohnsonFamily5 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2011