Sleeping in swing

my newborn (1 month) is sick and REALLY Mucusy... can he sleep in his swing> He has to be pretty upright to be able to breathe and the past 2 nights me and hubby split staying up with him :/ So we would love to sleep, do you all think this is safe? we have the snugabunny swing so it plugs in :)

sarlove01

Asked by sarlove01 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• My DD sleeps in the swing all the time, but its a swing that can either fully recline or tilt up and if you have one that reclines then id put it like that but be VERY careful about his neck!!! Otherwise, its fine (buckle him in secure though)
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• both mine did too. as long as she cant fall out or the blanket is to close to her face, nose.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have always kept mine sleeping in their swing at night until 5-6 monthes. Itis a goodwayto prevent sids ( doctor suggested it)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• this is the swing she has
    http://www.target.com/Bright-Starts-Comfort-Harmony-Portable/dp/B002VBXY5E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=swing&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-2&qid=1302155824&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Bright%20Starts%20Comfort%20Harmony%20Portable&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

in the pic its photod as being fully upright but the reclining setting on it is more than upright enough for a newborn : what kind of swing do you have? (if you dont mind my asking)
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

•   Here shortycmlb   

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It is ok as long as, there is support for the neck. And I wouldn't turn it on or keep it very low if you do.
    Ashley0709

Answer by Ashley0709 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Its very usual with kids...they tend to sleep in it
    lydiasinger

Answer by lydiasinger at 5:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You need to suck out that mucus with that little pear shaped thingy they had at the hospital, on a regular basis, until it gets better, as for the swing, I would be afraid to leave a baby there for too long.

Answer by older at 8:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Mine slept in swing until he was 7 MONTHS OLD! He was such a ham!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If you don't have a neck pillow to support the babies head just use a swaddling cloth and make a roll to keep the babies head upright. If you have a recline swing it'll work great but when I didn't have a reclining swing I just used pillows to prop the baby into a seated position to make sure they don't fall. Then again use the rolled up towel or pillow to help support the babies neck. Also using baby vicks helps a lot. It has just rosemary, lavender, and eucalyptus with no menthol. This helps the baby breath while not hurting the lungs like the menthol can do. Good Luck!
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 8:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2011