What does this tell you, im having all sorts of things running through my head.

Well I want to say that my df is a natural flirt, he has more female friends than male friends& I also admit that I am a bit jelouse, I have had ex's that have cheated on me.Well my fiance always befriends females to where they feel comfortable telling him things like their relationship problems and all.Now last year I caught him texting his best friends sister, his bff past away& instead of leting me comfort him he went & started texting his bff sister, I read one msg where he told her he just wanted to hold her.We broke up then got back together.Now he has a new friend from work, they play online games on their cell phones, he has been playing w/her for up to 2-3hrs at nights.Now tonight I was laying in bed w/our boys and asked him what he was doing(he was on the cell) he gets upset& tells me none of my business, that he was tired of me always asking him that, that it was annoying, well i got upset& started yelling at him too, he was online w/this friend of his.I told him that it was funny how he gets upset as if trying to hide something, I told him I wanted to leave & he told me to leave that he was tired of me& all this started w/a simple question of "what are you doing? To me it sounds like if he's maybe liking this girl, idk.He did apologize but im still upset, to me there are boundaries w/females & their male friends(especially when they are in relationships) I dont text a lot of my married friends or play games w/them on my cell, I have met this girl, she too has a bf& they have came over to our house before, i also know the problems she is having w/him because she tell my df a lot of things.Do I have a reason to be upset? And please no bashing.I just want to know if Iam overreacting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think it's this particular woman that's causing him to be a dick all of a sudden, rather I think he's generally emotionally unavailable. He prefers confiding in and communicating with women whom he is basically controlling through a device, distance or both, because it means he is running the show and he's more comfortable with that than he is with having a real, emotionally connected relationship.
    This is his issue, not yours. He will have to make the choice to try and get in touch with his emotions, and I'll be honest with you, that's something he may never choose to do. In your place, I would write him a letter and explain that this behavior hurts you and your relationship, that you love him and want to feel as though you are truly there for him and urge him to come and talk to you about things.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, you are not overreacting. If he wants to carry on w/other females like that, then he needs to be single. Would he like it if you were doing the same? Being in a commited relationship does not include having other females in his life that he texts for hours while he is w/you. Best wishes!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 8:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You're not over reacting.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You are not over reacting you asked a innocent question and he was acting defensive you may need to sit down and talk about it I know that's not easy but i had the same thing with my DF now DH he would get home and talk about onbe of his female coworkers like she could do no wrong and we finally sat down and talked it out and now are doing much better
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 2:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't think you're overreacting at all. I completely understand where you are coming from because when my husband and I first got together I experience something very similar to this. You just need to talk to him before it does become something more. Good luck.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You knew he was like this when you met him right? Get use to it or leave the relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 6:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't think you're overreacting...you have every right to be upset. More than likely if the tables were turned he'd have a problem too. I hope this works itself out but I'd try to talk to him about what's really going on.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My husband comes home and tells me all about his female boss with G size breasts. How does that make me feel...like shit! I was pregnant with our 2nd daughter at the time. Everytime I met her I was big, fat and pregnant and she walks around skinny with huge boobs. Now I just poke fun of him every chance I get. I ask him how is girlfriend is all the time and he gets mad but he doesn't talk about her anymore. You need to seriously ask him if he has a thing for this girl. If he says no then ask him to stop talking to her so much. If he needs to talk then tell him to make some guy friends. Ask him how it would make him feel if you were on the phone with guys? I bet he wouldn't like it at all.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• why would you think you are overracting, he is disrespecting you for one by being on his cell with another WOMAN. either kick his ass to the curb or you move out. he is always going to disrespect you, he isn't married to you.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011