Can my daughter have eggs and how should I prepare them? Can I just throw some on her tray or should I prepare it with no mil and chop it up real small? She's nine months old with three teeth and she doesnot have her pinchers grasp yet.

jessicer421

Asked by jessicer421 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies aren't supposed to have eggs until they're a year old. Mega food-allergy possibilities there. We have no history of allergies in our family, and my son hadn't had a problem with anything, so I gave him scrambled eggs at ten months. It's also the easiest thing to mix vitamins in (that I have foudn, anyway)
    Anonymous

• I believe she should start with yolks, then move on to the whites. What I did was seperate the egg, and then scrambled the yolks and put it on the tray, but my child was already self feeding.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Both my kids have had eggs when they were really young. You could just put some on her tray and she will slowly grab them, or you could feed them to her. I also prepared it with milk, there was alot of things i prepared with milk and would give them.
    proudmommy.2

Answer by proudmommy.2 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my granny was born in raised in tennesse, EVERY morning she makes herself bisquits eggs sausage and gravy. you better believe she started my son on eggs and gravy (no teeth) around month old! He's fine. He actually really really loves it. She gives him all kinds of stuff. There is no telling her no but he's not gotten sick or choked on anything so it's fine with me. (She gives him the yoke or smashes it alot. I give my son scrambled eggs. once again he loves it!!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I never knew that you shouldn't feed your baby eggs until they were a year old. I gave both my kids eggs around 6 months that way they could start to self feed themselves.

MommySonka24

Answer by MommySonka24 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My little man loved boiled eggs. I started w/ the yolkes and then gave him the whites.
    MomAubrey

Answer by MomAubrey at 12:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i gave my son scrambled eggs before he was 1 and he doesn't have an allergy to them.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 2:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2008