What time of year would you rather get married?

We are not planning the traditional wedding. It's just not our style. We are going to do a quick dinner which will have a small ceremony, and a cocktail style party after. All for which we need to reserve a party/bar area at a hotel. Along with a couple rooms for the drunkards.

But as I think of it I need to pick a date.
January 31st....New Year's eve wedding, new year's eve party

Valentines Day February 14, this is very far out, but a good date

Mid/Late August....great weather

August is the earliest I will go

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• i wouldn't do a holiday as a precaution and i think it's bad luck (particularly valentines)

i don't see it as an option, but i'd pick fall. pretty colors, warm smells. it's not hot outside, there's no bugs.
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 3:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i would probably go for a december wedding if your interested in like a great white wedding... i think it would be cool if i was to have a wedding. im married but i havent been able to have a wedding of my own. i kinda think my first marriage was a mistake. but i hope yours goes great! and have a fantastic wedding no matter what time you pic but i would definatly put a vote in for a white wedding :) lots of luck with your wedding!!
    confusedmom83

Answer by confusedmom83 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm a hot weather person so I say august.
    Ashley0709

Answer by Ashley0709 at 2:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• spring or summer. Late summer sounds best because the nights start to cool down.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The Fourth of July because you can have the best fireworks go off when you say "I do", and kiss.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 3:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Spring!!! I was married in May - flowers everywhere, life opening up again after winter. It was magical.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I did a summer wedding because that's "typical" but if I had to do it again I would choose a winter, late evening wedding.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• August for the great weather. You'll have more potential places to party and honeymoon. :)
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 5:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Winter
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 5:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We got married in November. And everytime we go somewhere to celebrate our anniversary, it's always cold. If i had it to do over again, i would have gotten married in summer.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 5:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011