Why is it that, when I come up with a name, everyone uses it?

I mean I know I don't need it right now, but it would be nice to get to use it when I do have another LO.

Ashley0709

Asked by Ashley0709 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Baby Names

• Use it if you want to use it. Stop concerning yourself about what other people name their kids - it's their business. Yours is yours.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• well mayb because there are millions and millions of another women out there that are having children as well and use the name....just because you want a certain name for a child you want in the future DOESNT mean that EVERY WOMEN is going to put there life on hold till you give birth and your child has the name...
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• This is ppl that I know. Not talking about the masses here.
    Ashley0709

Comment by Ashley0709 (original poster) at 3:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• okay now u made urself clear and sorry if you took it in a bad way wasnt meaning to do so....=) i apologize, apoploy accepted??
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Absolutely!
    Ashley0709

Comment by Ashley0709 (original poster) at 3:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No idea. I'd never use a name if I knew someone that already had it.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Then just don't tell anyone ! LOL & if your not & people are just using names that just so happen to be one's that you like then there most likely just common name for this yearr ! & if those people are you friends then you picked some good friends b/c you guys have ALOT in common !!! LOL.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 4:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You must be picking good names! I've had this happen to me twice. My ex-FIL's doctor gave his son the exact same name as the one I chose for my first (Brendan Patrick). Then, my cousin's friend had a daughter and was going to name her Ashley Lynn. My cousin suggested Ashlynn, which is what I named my daughter! I just take it as a compliment.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't care. If I have my heart set on a name and someone I know names their child that after I've already decided on a name, I'm still using it.

Thankfully I haven't had to be put in a situation like this yet! I hope I never do. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Use the baby Names Book .
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2011