Would it be okay to list a few of my daughter's "likes" inside her party invitation?

I am throwing my daughter's first birthday party this year. She will be six. I just know it was difficult getting gifts for the couple parties she's been to this year. Knowing one of the parents, I was able to call and ask. I am thinking it should be ok to say she likes books, disney princesses, puzzles, etc. since people outright tell you exactly what they want for their baby and wedding showers. I am just offering suggestions to make it easier for parents bringing their kids to her party.

ZsMom430

Asked by ZsMom430 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes. I wish every parent did that!
    Ashley0709

Answer by Ashley0709 at 3:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• no, it is rude to suggest gifts because an invitation to a party is just that, an invite...a gift is not required
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thank you! Party planning sure is a lot to take on! Whew!
    ZsMom430

Comment by ZsMom430 (original poster) at 3:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It is not a gift I am suggesting. Only listing her "likes". People can choose to bring something or not. I just don't want 15 moms calling with the exact same question.
    ZsMom430

Comment by ZsMom430 (original poster) at 3:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think it's a brilliant idea. I wish it was a normal accepted practice. Even if you word it in such a way that you're not expecting gifts but just giving ideas in case the child wants to give something. Great idea!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think it's fine. GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think it's a good idea, rather then wasting money on something the kid doesn't like.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't be offended if I received a list of her likes.  It would make it easier on me to find gifts she'll actually like and want.  I'd rather buy something she'll like than to buy something she dislikes.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• noo, i wouldnt do that...but thats me...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Brilliant!!! Now that is a good idea. I would never send a child to a child's birthday without a gift. I believe unless $ in a card I have always asked the parents "What does he or she like"? I love your idea i just love it.

holding balloons

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2011