When will my period come back? adult content

I had my son 2 months ago and I bled after the birth for 2 weeks but nothing more after that, I thought it would have happened by now. I need to be on my period in order for the doctor to put my birth control in. My husband and I have had sex but I want to be on birth control to make sure I don't get pregnant again. This is driving me a little nuts.

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 4:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it takes around 5-8 weeks for the next period to start
    lydiasinger

Answer by lydiasinger at 5:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• After I had my son I bled for about 4 wks and then started my period when my son was about 6 wks old. Maybe you should ask your doctor?
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• are you breast feeding? I didn't get mine back for 6 months with my first, 19 months with my second, about 12 months with my third and 26 months with our fourth.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 4:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• 22 to 40 days
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 5:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If you are breastfeeding it could take a while. Mine didn't come back with my first until she was 18 months. It took 8 months with my second and 6 with my third.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 5:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I also breastfed my son, and my period did not come back until I stopped breastfeeding - around 10 months. Are you getting an IUD? I have never heard of needing to have your period in order to get one put in.
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 6:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I assume you are geting an IUD!? When I got mine my doctor said they suggest waiting till I start my period but I didnt have to, maybe talkl to your doctor and see if they will do it or give you something else until it comes...?
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I only breastfed for the first month, and I am getting Implanon put in.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• after i had my daughter i bled for 4 weeks and then right after i got my period. when i went to my 6 week check up my ob had no problem putting me back on birth control
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011