HOW CAN I GET HIM TO STOP??!

I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD THAT EVERY TIME I SAY NO TO HIM OR DON'T LET HIM DO AS HE LIKES HE YELLS REALLY LOUD AND HITS ME OR THE PERSON THAT TELLS HIM.
IVE TRIED GETTING TO HIS LEVEL AND EXPLAINING TO HIM CALMLY THAT ITS NOT RIGHT TO HIT AND THE REASON WHY I SAID NO TO HIM..
IVE TRIED PUTTING HIM IN TIME OUT..
IVE TRIED TALKING AND SAYING NO TO HIM IN A FIRM AND HIGH TONE..
IVE TRIED HITTING HIS HAND
IVE TRIED SPANKING HIM..
NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK ITS JUST THE SAME OR EVEN WORSE..AND ITS AN EMBARRASSING MOMENT WHEN IT HAPPENS IN PUBLIC..
ANY IDEAS? PLEASE HELP!

torres15k

Asked by torres15k at 6:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's 2 but the first and most important thing is not to give in to what you said NO about! If he yells fine, but the hitting the person who tells him NO is unacceptable (but you know that)... Remove him from the situation, even in public. Take him back to the car, take him to the restroom, TAKE HIM HOME! I've had to walk out of the store "1" time, with out my purchase. Once was all it took for my boys ( and I have 3) to know that they didn't RUN me. There is one rule in our home, no matter what you don't hit mommy. NOW, Spank him harder (with your hand of course) and then tell him you love him and he "WILL NOT HIT YOU"... If you have to spank him and put him in time out at the same time, do so! There is no overkill when you are losing a battle. He's 2 he has to know even at this age there are consequences for his actions and most importantly that you are the parent not him. GOOD LUCK! Just keep being presistant.
    momof3sboys

Answer by momof3sboys at 7:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Ignore the child when he does this. Dont even look at him. Keep your back turned to the child and say as long as your acting like this you get no attention from me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I work with many parents of toddlers who have the same problems. I wrote this article to help give some time. Hope it will give you some of the help that you need. http://www.helpmealison.com/toddler-secrets.html
    I wish you the best!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 1:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011