What are great ideas for a mentoring group for young teen moms--I do a group every weekend and I dont want it to get boring. we proberly wont do field trips

These are teen moms with their babies at my home. We all so have it where they can go in the back yard also. All the babies are infants and one is a toddler.

mamadoula2238

Asked by mamadoula2238 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• How 'bout burning a cd with their favorite music? I know my kids loved doing that - 'bout drove me nuts listenin to their rap crap, but they had a great time.
    Quoiky

Answer by Quoiky at 12:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Perhaps you could take a survey to find out what their interests are. You could bring in speakers, etc.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 12:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I agree with Bizlady, some guest speakers would be fun and educational for them. Some ideas...female business owners, female doctors, lawyers, educators, and other strong positive female role models, or how about an elderly adult who would be willing to talk about the good ol' days and how things are different now?

Or how about a private mini-concert with a local band? Some bands would appreciate the publicity to get their name out, esp. with the under 21 crowd.

Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 11:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You could also do a "movie night" and introduce them to some classic films or films they wouldn't generally watch. You might start a book club, too.

You could get them involved with a volunteer project, there are plenty of things that they could do from your house (planning a fundraiser for a charity, for example).

Depending on their abiity, maybe you could match them up with a teen penpal, and do a mass-writing session during your meeting. Some teachers might be receptive to the idea, and can match you up with some girls from their classrooms.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 11:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I am an independent affiliate for Global Domains International. They are an awesome company!! Look at my website it gives you all the info.
    http://www.freedomathome.ws

~Kelli
    kellibelle

Answer by kellibelle at 6:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• I work with a company called Once Upon A Family and I do a FREE monthly newsletter that comes via email every month with fun ideas to do with kids. I would also recommend checking out our Lessons for Little Ones or Live, Laugh, Love Clubs...they give you materials each month that you can use to talk about a value that is important to teach children and each month there are activities to do. This would be GREAT for young teen moms especially...give your meet up time purpose and help to make the next generation the best it can be.

For more info, check out my website at www.thelegacyoffamily.com or send me a message with your email to get the FREE monthly idea newsletter. Thanks!

~Amanda
    Wildmom315

Answer by Wildmom315 at 5:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2008