Can you develop Post partum depression later, like 5 mo?

I just know I am not myslelf, I am snappy and just want to runaway and hide from everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• IT TAKES A WHILE FOR YOUR HORMONES TO RE-ADJUST AFTER HAVING A BABY. TALK TO YOUR DR. ABOUT IT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Yes you can but it could also be just your hormones. You will know if it's hormones or depression.
    Depression= crying a lot, not wanting anything to do with your baby, distance from husband, emotional, sad thoughts, bad thoughts, never happy, sleeps to much or too little, drained etc..
    Hormones =bitch lol
    Anonymous

• http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/women/pregnancy/ppd/general/379.html
    Anonymous

• If you don't have any of those signs from that link provided, then no you don't have PPD.

Anonymous

• i had post pardum and it has continued to become depression 9 years later. I went to my doctor to talk about it and she put me on meds. Post pardum is so strange how it comes on. Something so beautiful as having a child and it messes with your whole being. You want to be the best mom you can be but it is so hard when you feel so lousy. You are not alone this is something so many moms go through. Please research and find support so u know you are not alone.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 8:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My hormones changed after I had the baby. Birth control I used prior made me physco or whiny at certain times during the month. I got on a different birth control and all is well now. Talk to your doctor if you have any concerns. Also, take a month or two to track your symptoms (unless they are really bad then go to the doc asap!) and see if there is a pattern.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Anytime in the first year, it is considered PPD. After that, it is considered to be plain old depression.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2008