My daughter is rebelling against me i dont know what to do! HELP ME.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Could you elaborate? It's a lot easier to get advice if people know something about the situation.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:15 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ...maybe tell her age at least?
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 8:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• She lied to me, she had a boyfriend and i dont like him, he very bad. He's like his father, bad man.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• She's 15
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We need to know how old she is and what's she's doing!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• OOO. daughter was all you had to say, and is she 3 or 13? Either way it's normal and I think happens to all mom and daughters eventually. But yes, a litle elaboration here might help you get some advice you can use....
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i already told you what happened. :@ im a religious and i dont agree
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If she were mine, the only place she would go without me would be to school, and I would be dropping her off and picking her up. The problem with most children today is that they are being given too much freedom to make their own choices much too soon, and they simply are not wise enough to make good choices. My philosophy in rearing our children was to let the rope out gradually because it's always easier to do that than it is to rein it back in if you have been too slack. I think that's probably the position you are in today, and it will be tough, but I would rein her in. I would tell her I had trusted her with too much, and she has now proven to me that she can't handle it. Therefore, her freedoms have been revoked. I would put the bulk of the responsibility on my own shoulders, telling her that I simply gave her more to handle than she was capable of handling, and that I now have to change that for her own good.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The more you hold her back the more she will rebel, 15 is the age of "I know it all", it is not your place to like or dislike her boyfriend, she needs to learn life's lessons and learn from mistakes. Give and take freedoms and supervise away!

Answer by older at 8:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• what older said, and also TALK to her- let her know you don't feel he's the best for her but don't tell her she can't see him, or she will try harder to do just that. Lying is not good- but WHY does she feel the need to lie? Is she afraid to tell you about things? WHY...that's what I would be wondering. Let her know she can come ot you and don't judge or punish if she does-then she will come to you more. I was raised in a very religious household and to be honest-the relationship I had with my mom was not that good. We never really TALKED about anything, I never felt comfortable telling her anything, because she was judgemental of others and always worried about what the neighbors would think about things...My relationship with my daughter is a LOT different-she tells me pretty much everything, but she trusts me that way
    Good luck
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2011