Need to lose at least 5 lbs by May?

I have a fitting for a friends wedding in 2 weeks but I need to lose it by May 10th.

Does anyone have any diet ideas?

Oh and a work out for back boobs would be helpful :)
Stupid strapless dress!

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• For short term weight loss, I'd try going to a low-calorie, low-carb diet. Figure out how many calories you need per day for your body to maintain it's current weight, subtract 500, and keep it low-carb, pretty much cutting out all breads, grains, rice, cereal, etc. Most people I know who have had to try to drop weight quickly for an event swear by the low-carb method. I would not recommend it long-term.

Add some exercise in if you can, including light weight training to tone up the muscles in your trouble spots you're concerned about. You can't target a specific area for fat loss, but to tone the muscles in your "back boobs" lol, try doing the dumbbell row with weights (just google that if you need instructions). Push ups are awesome for toning the arms and entire core area.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• cut down on sodium like soups and cottage cheese and pickles. sodium adds alot of water wright, you could also try a water pill and those are sold with the weight loss supplements, also increase you vitamen B intake Vitamen B increases metabolism also google metabolism boosting foods, I know almonds are one of them. Drink ALOT of water
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Your best bet at this point is to cut carbs, fried foods, fast food...basically anything unhealthy out of your diet and drink water water, water! no pop, sugar, starch...It's really hard to do. The south beach diet phase 1 is two weeks of eating this way and it's a great way to start new eating habits. As for your back, you have to lose weight in order to get rid of the flab so toning exercises will not do much if you are still bloated back there. It'll tighten under the fat, but the fat has to go in order to see the results. If your serious check out this website and go to the recipies forum . It'll help but you CAN"T cheat, not even once!
    http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=97961
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 2:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Start walking, cutting down on servings, drink more water, and look up back exercises online. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Cut down on carbohydrates keep them to a minimum.

Answer by older at 8:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Reduce your carb intake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Drop any soda or sugar in your diet. Drink lots of water and do light weight training. Eat less calories. You could also try a detox kit.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't drink soda but I love dark chocolate reese cups. I have them at least 2 time a week.

What's a detox kit?
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ooo I eat alot of cheese and drink a lot of skim milk.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2011