How to take control of my life?

My house is dirty, I am fat, sloppy, tired and emotional drained. My husband left (but ever other day wants to come home). What do I do? Where do I start?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• One day at a time, to fix everything you think is broken.

Answer by older at 8:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• is this a legit question?

Start with taking care of yourself...take a shower, fix your hair, get your eyebrows done.
    Go out and get a few new outfits.
    Make TIME to get off the couch and quit feeling lazy....MAKE time to do some exercises.

When you feel good about yourself, things should start falling into place.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Get up, go take a shower and get yourself cleaned up and dressed to the shoes. Then start in one room, work for 15 minutes, and move on to the next room. Do this for an hour, take a break, eat something, and go back to it. In no time your house will be clean. At the end of the day, when your kids come home from school or whatever, enlist them to help. Then get to bed at a decent hour. Start all over again in the morning, and keep it up until the house is clean! Then, at least you and your house are clean, and you'll probably be feeling better. HTH
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You need to get it all together first clean your house . Start doing some walk exercise everyday and start eating right and love yourself you will fee, better again
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 8:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I agree with lovingmy4babies. I know when I spend too much time thinking about one thing or area, I get frustrated and just want to quit. 15 minutes going room to room gives you a chance to do at least SOMETHING. Pick things up, sweep or vacuum, make a bed, take everything that needs washed to the hamper. It is amazing how much difference the small stuff makes...it is just when you think of it all at once that it gets overwhelming.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You need to take it one day at a time. First thing is to take care of yourself because you can not help anything else to you help yourself. So get up and take a nice hot shower, get dressed in clothes (other than sweats and pjs) do your hair and makeup just to give yourself a little something extra do your nails and toes, shave. These are just a few thing to do to start lifting your spirits. Then go one room at a time Dont look at the whole house as this will overwhelm you. Just pick a room such as you family room and get to it. Heck i like to have the best cleaners when i clean (for some reason it gets me more in the mood) so try going to the store and pick out your fav clewasaners before you start. Then as i said take it room by room so it Doesnt get overwhelming. Good luck to you and keep your head up because even though everything May seem like its falling apart know that you DO have control mamma
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• For the record when your (in this case my) life is this out of control, advice IS needed. This IS a really question. Thank you for all of those who answered me seriously and honestly.
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Write a listen of what needs to be done. Make the decision you are going to change it, no matter what else happens. A happy family starts with happy parents. Work on yourself. Do stuff to make you feel good about yourself, so you expect more from yourself than what you are doing now. I say clean your house is the first thing. Than maybe do your hair & make up. Quit being sloppy altogether even about your looks, fat or not. I know some clean and pretty fat women. Not saying make up makes you pretty, but it has the power to make you feel better about yourself (sad, but true). I know when I wear my make up & get dressed in even just something besides a t-shirt & jeans, I feel WAY better about myself. I WANT to do more when I feel good about myself. You will also feel better about youself if you accomplish stuff like cleaning your house & making an effort to keep it clean. Good Luck!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I just want to say I totally understand where you are coming. Feeling lazy and ugly makes everything else 100 times worse and makes everything even something as simple as deciding not to eat a piece of cake, that much harder to do. Start with something that will make you feel like getting a shower & doing something with your appearence before just jobing into it. Cleaning your house will make you feel like you are worth something at least that much more. ya know ? I say this is an awesome question. You were open & honest about whats going on & you deserve support & respect. I think almost everyone can say they've been in some state of "laziness" or depression in general. Oh maybe go to a dr and maybe get on an anti depressant ? That will make you feel better. good luck
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I takes time to get over something like that. As for the rest, don't down yourself...look deep down inside yourself and gather some strength. Even if you don't think it's there, it is...and you will find it soon enough. If you can't get over this hump on your own, you may need help of an antidepressant just to help you get through the worst of it. Good luck girl and STAY STRONG...we're women hunny, we've overcame worse than living without a man. As far as the hubby who wants to keep coming back...maybe it's time to tell him to either come back for good or stay gone because that is just going to postpone the whole healing process, you can't start healing if he doesn't stop hurting you!
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2011