Richard Dawkins and Jim Daly

Are the similar? Daly uses Focus on the Family as a political platform. Dawkins uses his standing in academia for the same thing. Neither seem content in their beliefs. Each seem to need to take away from the other side to prove their point.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think that they are both insecure men
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't see what putting down the other side has to do with being content in their beliefs. If someone finds fault with what others believe and sits by and says and does nothing, then they are allowing the world to be filled with what they consider negativity and lies. Why not speak up, stress your opinions and point out the fallacies of the other side? People are so hung up on tolerance...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Dawkins doesn't have a political platform. He's an evolutionary biologist who fights against creationists who try to discredit evolution. Focus on the Family fights to deny gays the right to marry. I see nothing similar between the two.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• have no idea what you are talkign about
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• People are so hung up on tolerance...

You sure said a mouthful there!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thanks, Kelley! I was scratching my head, trying to figure out what those two men had in common, and couldn't come up with anything. I can see now that it's because they really have nothing in common.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Dawkins has no political agenda huh? You may want to double check that one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011