Help! What on earth is this on my daughter's face? *pics included*

This red rashy thing showed up during the day on Tuesday when we were out running errands. I didn't think much about it and figured it was just a minor skin irritation that would go away, but it hasn't. It's been there almost 48 hours now, and hasn't faded at all. It's very red, and there's a few small bumps in it. It is not bothering her in any way--in other words, it doesn't hurt, itch, etc. She didn't even know it was there until I said something about it. It goes all the way across her cheeks and nose, all the way to the ears on each side of her face. It does feel a little warm to the touch, but other than that, everything seems totally normal. She has never had skin problems, and we weren't doing anything out of the ordinary that day.

Anyone have ANY ideas of what this could be or what I can do for it? Should I take her to the doctor, or since it's not bothering her in any way, should I wait and see if it goes away on its own?

vicesix

Asked by vicesix at 8:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Kids' Health

• http://www.skinsight.com/child/erythemaInfectiosumFifthDisease.htm

we recently had this run rampant through school.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• could be wind burn, was it super windy the day you were out? or might be an allergic reaction to new face wash, cream or lotion.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Fifth's Disease is what I was thinking too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• is she on any kind of medication..antibiotics? i remember this happening to me once when i was on an antibiotic and got out in the sun..i got home and called the doc and she said if i read the side effects on my perscription it says that the sun could cause skin irritation
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It seems to be some type of allergic reaction to something, maybe she got into your moisturizer or something???I would go ask the doctor before it gets any worse.

Answer by older at 8:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Have you at least called her doc yet?? Might be a good idea to at least call them if it's been there for 48 hours...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Ask her if she tried any of your makeup, she could have had a reaction to it.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• to me it almost looks like rosacea..my MIL has this.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It could be the start of something, she may be coming down with a cold, etc. It might be best to take her to the Dr.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Now, if only the butthead who wouldn't take my advice last night would read this today.
    It sucks sometimes to be a nurse and psychic!! lol
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2011