At 16 weeks where were you measuring? how bigs was your baby?

I know this is such a stupid question, but I am truly freaked out! This morning I was curled up on my side and was feel really uncomfortable under my ribs so I turned over on my back. My little stinker was laying on the left side of my abdomen about an inch under my ribs!! I am only 16 weeks! When they measured me on monday my uterus was measuring at mid belly button. I had lots of cramps and ligament pain last night and woke up the baby an inch under my ribs. My husband was even shocked! He felt it and said are you sure you are not farther along? Maybe you didn't have a miscarriage like they said right before you found out about being pregnant again. Is this weird or what?!

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sorry for the typos
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I mean.. that does sound like a odd and complex situation, but I can tell you that when I went to my sonogram to find out the sex of my baby, I was 18wks and she was at 9oz...and when i went to see my OBGYN at 20 wks, my belly measured 20. My doctor says the more "normal" thing is when you're weeks match up with the measurements of your belly. I am now 22wks. good luck, and ALWAYS ask your doctor, even if it's a minor question. :)
    MommyStarfox

Answer by MommyStarfox at 9:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• At my OB's office the measure in inches around. So if you're 16 weeks you will be 16 inches. At 16 weeks I measure 20 weeks. DS was always a little bigger and I even had an extra ultrasound done because they wanted to make sure he wasn't going to be to huge. He came a couple weeks early. Weighing in at 8lbs 2 ozs and 20inches long. But my family is all really tall and DH was 8lbs when he was born. maybe you are farther along. I would talk to your OB about it.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My doctor is really weird. She doesn't actually measure. When I went in there she said well your uterus should be mid way between your pubic bone and belly button. I looked at her and laughed. I told her it is about mid belly button. She looked at me shocked and checked. I was right. I have 2 girls and never were they this big at 16 weeks, lol. I am glad baby is growing great in there, but I can't help but to be a little freaked out :) my girls were very long as well. 21 1/4 and 20 3/4
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2011