How can I cancel my cafemom account?

can anybody tell me how to cancel my cafemom account and make sure everything is secure so it's not able to be searched for, etc.? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in About CafeMom

• nothing you posted under your screen name will go away.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• maybe change your name to .... so it can't be searched.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• how can I change my name? I still dont' know how to deactivate or cancel my acct - why can't this be easier? For the past few months, everything I post is anonymous since finding out anybody can google search me and be linked on here, but it has just become a huge time consumer for me and I need to cancel it so I stop being tempted to get on here!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Click on the Frequently Asked Questions link at the bottom of this page...once you land there, look on the right side of the page for the Self-Service menu. There will be a link to Cancel the account.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Deleting your account is as easy as clicking the contact us link at the bottom of any page. There is no easy way to delete your content. Even if you delete, the information may be cached on the search engines, so a google search will still turn up your name if not your content. You will need to manually delete everything you posted everywhere on CM on your own. To change your name you need to start a new account, but as the PP said everything from this screen name will still be there. If you have legal action pending, you may be able to contact CM to delete your content but they only do that under very specific parameters.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011