Would you pay this much for a bunkbed?

Price: $2,640.00

Yes I know it is outrageously expensive! But it has everything I want: stairs instead of a ladder, a full bar across the top of the bed. it's soo freakin cute and i want it so badly for my 2 and 1 year old girls. Of course I won't be needing one until they are 4 and 5.. so i have lots of time to look and save up for a nice one.

What do you think? Would you pay this much?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• http://www.roomstogokids.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=ktg.showItem&ipac_id=19616

Like this ^ It's still pretty cute and has the stairs instead of the ladder at half the price. Lots of options out there!

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I came extremely close to buying a bunk bed just like this.  I would shop around though, I seen the same bunk bed for a lot cheaper and has the same features.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Well considering it is 3 pieces of furniture in one( bunks, drawers, desk) I was thinking 700-900 depending on how it was made... I was wrong!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It depends on your financial situation. If you can afford that, then go for it. If that's a LOT of money to you, then perhaps you could compromise on some of your must-haves for the bed. I got a really nice bunkbed with built in desk on one side and shelves on the other, solid wood for around $1100 a few years ago, so there are some less expensive but still good quality options if you find that this one is too much of a budget strain.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• honestly that looks like a really nice bed the price seems resonable
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I really like this one. The biggest bonus for me is that it looks like it has a LOT of storage too. That would be very nice. Plus I like the built in desk along with the other features you mentioned.

It is pricey though. I would definitely shop around.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• no, i wouldn't. the material looks cheap. particle board/overlay?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, even if I had the money. How long do you think they are going to want bunkbeds for? My 11 yo has bunkbeds and doesn't want them anymore because they look young - we're going to hand them down to his 2 yo brother and get him a new bed. My brother had bunkbeds and didn't want them by the time he was a preteen either because they look too young, and IMO having the stairs makes them look younger. I just think it's a lot of money for a relatively short period of time. I would definitely shop around.

Answer by missanc at 9:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• How does a child outgrow a bunkbed in just a year or two?  Twin beds fit on them, not toddler beds, so I'm confused.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Heck no. I've seen nearly identical sets for way less than that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2011