How do i do this?

I have 5 children under 5 and me and my husband would love to move into a bigger house because there just isn't enough room anymore for 7 of us in a 5 bedroomd house. All my children are going through some stage as there ages ranger from 5yrs-3mo. And i need to keep the house cleanish and need to manage the daily routines and help my children. My husband helps out when he is home but it just isn't enough my brother has his own children and so does my husband and my younger brother has his whole life ahead of him and doesnt want to spend it with me .

What are your daily routines?
How do you manage a big family?

Mummytomore

Asked by Mummytomore at 12:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have four kids who are in different stages as well. First keep them on a schedule. Its a must with that many kids. That way you can schedule time for yourself in there...maybe...LOL....Organization is also a must. Keep a calendar in sight near your computer or desk so that you can remember dates, and times. IF the kids have activities like ball, then keep those on your fridge. I notice that walking by the schedule 50 times a day helps me remember. Have days that you do only laundry, days that you clean bathrooms, ect. Have a place for everything and work with the kids on keeping their OWN stuff picked up. Its a must. Also, I think I might put getting pregnant on hold for now...you have enough to handle. SOunds like your doing a good job.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Well, I didn't have a large family of my own,but my parents both come from big families. The key, according to my mother, is to prioritize. Naturally the well being comes first, cooking, bathing, health, etc.. Then you delegate chores to your children, of course, the oldest gets the most responsibility. When your oldest is old enough, he or she can begin to help take care of the well being part of the family, such as bathing the youngest, putting them to bed, etc. I would tell you, if you can get caught up on laundry and dishes, the rest can wait until there is time. You have to have some rest time for you.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Bless your heart! It takes a REAL woman to do your job!! I have no real estate advice, but as far as managing your household, you may want to hire someone to clean for you once or twice a month. Perhaps join a play group or mother's group
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i grew up in a family of seven we all fit into a 4 bedroom house just fine. don't know what your really complaining about??
    Anonymous

• I have 5 kids in a 3 bedroom house so you are way ahead of me! lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The only thing is we want to expand our family maybe have 2more hopefully girls so we definatly need to upsize. Thanks girls.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 3:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008