What is absolutely necessary to pack in my hospital bag?

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 9:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• SOCKS!!! baby coming home outfit extra clothes The hospital provides diapers and pads for momma and you might want to bring a hairbrush and shampoo/conditioner/soap if you dont want to use the hospital stuff hmm thats all i can think of right now
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ***Slippers for you, the hospital floors are yucky! Cell phone, hand cream, antibacterial wipes for your hands, brush & toiletries you'll need for you, robe, comfy lounge clothes, maxi pads, snacks for you. Baby take home outfit. Camera.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Definitely socks, I forgot socks hand had to wear those stupid slipper ones they give you.. ugghhh. Oh and id bring flipflops, if you can. Hospitals are clean and not anything like a locker room or something, but I am still weird about stuff like that so I wore them in the shower, and after all is said and done, you will definitely want to shower!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Oh and a pillow, I had a hard time sleeping the first night, even when the little one was asleep, so I had my husband bring my pillow the next day and it just made me feel more comfortable.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Socks is a must. I always end up packing like 8 pairs of socks and i usually do use Atleast half of them. Then of course Atleast one outfit for baby to go home in. I always pack three one in premee, one in newborn, and one in 0-3 months because you never know which ones going to fit. Also some comfy pjs for after you give birth. I hate wearing the hospital gowns so i always change as soon as i am aloud. Deoderant is something i make sure is in there um...well you cant 4really fit a pillow in your bag but i always like to have one of mine with me. It just seems to make me feel more comfy. Now you got me thinking about it i should probably go and start on mine. Lol Im 34 weeks and have not started to pack mine yet.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 10:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 10:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Good question! I am 34 weeks and have not packed a bag. This is my 3rd kid and i have never been prepared with a bag......i am so going to do this asap so my hubby doesn't have to make 10 trips back home :)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011