Have you heard people say 'stretch your stomach'?

I diet every now & then. Once I dropped 40 lbs. When I'd eat, it was small portions. I put those 40lbs right back on but eat large portions.
I was talking to my workout buddy yesterday about portions sizes. She said that I ate less when my stomach shrunk; but now I have stretched my stomach to hold more food.

I didn't think that your stomach can stretch.
Can you stretch your stomach?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• Kind of. I think once you get used to having the big meals again, your body doesn't think it is full unless it has that large portion again. Who knows how much of it is mental versus physical. I'm sure it is a combination.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes you can that I know of..
    By eating to much & reaching the point of "FULL" or "stuffed".. is stretching your stomach out.. but when you eat to the point of being satisfied your stomach will stay smaller.
    When I get sick for a week & cant eat anything for a few weeks after I know i eat alot less because my stomach is smaller.. But most of us eat with our eyes/taste buds & dont listen to our body -- or eat so fast our body doesnt have a chance to tell us to stop.
    Just Googled it & "food eating contestants" actually "train" and stretch their stomachs ... and there is sites to show u how to shrink it too (most likely eating smaller portions-more often)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes, your stomach can shrink & stretch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I heard it all the time years ago, not so much now.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 12:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes, I believe it can.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yup
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011