Need to find a job or hobby

i lost my husband two yeears ago. ive been in a funk ever since. ive been going through the motions but not really living. my focus has been my youngest daughter and her two kids. how do i snap out of this and get my life back. we were marreied 31 years. everything in my life or life as i know it changed. i have no freinds i can talk to. everyone in my family is busy with their own lives. i need to find a awy to do the same. i just need ideas.

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 9:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• You can look in to PartyLite you can meet a lot of new friends that way sorry to hear about your husband
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 9:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am sorry about your loss. That is a very hard situation to go through , especially if you don't have anyone to talk to.
    My uncle past away this last year, which left my aunt alone with just her kids and grand kids. Then just a few months ago my best friend let her self go. That has been hard. I haven't been in the same situation as you but i understand. It is hard when you have to live day to day with no one to talk to .

I am going to e-mail you :)
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 9:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Try a grieving support group so that you will feel less alone. And hopefully you will start seeing there is a new life out there if you tap into what you feel strongly about: children, animals, politics??. There are many organizations locally where you can engage and meet people:: walk animals at the shelter, volunteer as a grandparent to a child, etc. There is a lot of need out there and if you have compassion to give--especially having had a loss, you would be so valuable. And it would help you get out of your emotional cycle and move ahead in your life. The loss of a spouse can present a new opportunity for a woman.
    StepMomFrance

Answer by StepMomFrance at 10:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I would recommend grief counseling and depending on your beliefs try church, it's difficult to find the right one but if you are a believer, it is possible to find the right one for you. I think I may have. Also, as someone else said try volunteering somewhere. I am sorry for your loss. My situation is different from yours, but I have some of the same feelings - my family are all busy with their own lives and have little time for me and I do not have any friends. I go to counseling and to church, have not yet been able to "force'" myself to try volunteering.
    mamamel61

Answer by mamamel61 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I am sorry for your loss. Although I'm not in your situation, what I would do is find a hobby. Or volunteer at the literacy program for adults, or even at the hospital. Or do the things you've always wanted to do. Go see the Grand Canyon or Mount Rushmore. I know my dh and I have that "one day we're gonna" list, do it on your own and keep a diary of it. Maybe you'll find friends in a similar situation. My cousin owns a guide service and takes tours all over the US via bus (thiers, not greyhound). Maybe in a group you'll meet some friends!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011