Has anyone ever had an ablasion and do they work?

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• I know many who have had them done and very happy with them. I opted against it because I would still have the pain from PCOS, so I didn't bother.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had it done. 2 years later I had to get a hysterectomy. They DONT work long term. Its only a temp fix and the Dr wont tell you it's temporary. Over 90% of women who get it end up getting a hysto within 5 years. Google it if you dont believe me. They also had to take one tube and an ovarie in the hysto because the ablation fused them to the outside of the uterus.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I was thinking about getting this done. So I do not know anything about it.
    charlene_kyle

Answer by charlene_kyle at 11:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Had a couple of friends have it done and they wish they wouldn't have.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had one in October 2009. Mine was a hydrothermal ablation. The surgery was super easy and I was feeling great the next day. I didn't have any bleeding or any periods at all for 10 months, then had an ovarian cyst and some bleeding on month 11, and a light period for two or three months after that. Then after that, nothing. I haven't had a period in a few months, although that's not to say I never will again. The chances of the uterus repairing itself is higher when you're younger (I'm 31), and it's possible I may have periods within 5 years of my surgery. I don't regret doing it though. For now, it's working. I wanted something fast and easy to recover from because my kids are still very young and I couldn't do something that had a longer recovery. It's worked so well for now, that if I ever do have periods again, I may consider a second ablation, again because it was just so easy to go through.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• vbruno, what type of ablation did you have done?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, but good luck!
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• never had one... good luck
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011