Is it acceptable for married men to look at porn? Would you be angry?

My husband constantly get these really nasty pics of women on his phone. He and his friends pass them around. I find it a bit offensive. Would you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I absouletly HATE porn, I think it is degrading and shows a lack of respect for the wife/gf when the man looks at it. if a man wants to see a naked woman then he should look at his SO. Not some skanky porn star.
    Anonymous

• Men will be men. They are always thinking with the wrong head.  LOL

Answer by louise2 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I don't care that my husband looks at porn. I would be mad if he paid for it, but when he browses free sites, I think it's fine. Would you rather him experiment with other women in real life? (NOT saying if your hubby doesn't/you do not allow him to look at porn he will cheat. DID NOT mean it that way.) It's just looking at pictures. He is not having sex with another women or even chatting with one. He will never meet those women or ever have any contact with them other than viewing their picture. IMO, it doesn't bother me.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Well, I guess I dont really care...Its not like I am sitting here telling him to look at it or whatever,but I would rather know about it then not is what I am saying...I havent caught him doing it tho.
    Anonymous

• I don't think its okay, and usually I fall into that minority category with this opinion. Porn can be addictive and its not even real. I am very lucky that its not an issue for my husband and I don't know what I would do if it was. My sil went through this though. Luckily, he got it under control, it was destroying their marriage. The usual argument is that woman who minds is insecure, but I think the opposite is true. THe woman who doesn't mind is insecure. My opinion only, of course.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My husband knows how I feel about porn. It is disgusting and degrading and i despise how accessible it is to everyone. He knows that I DO NOT want him to look at it, Watch it, or do whatever to it and if he does do it I would view it as a form of cheating. For me, if he needs to look at other naked women then he has a problem and we have a problem in our relationship. It's as though him looking at them is telling me that I am not enough for him or that he needs to look elsewhere to get what he needs. And for the anwser above saying that they don't mind if there husband looks at it that's great for them but I wouldnt be able to get it out of my head that he's bringing those images into the bedroom with us. Call me insecure if you want, I may be, but if I dont need naked men to be satisfied then neither does he
    SarahShirey

Answer by SarahShirey at 2:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• IMO I think it is extremely disrespectful to the wife. If I caught my husband looking at porn I would immediately think I was either not doing something right in bed or I was neglecting him. Plus once you watch that stuff and start liking it then it is hard to go back to the old ways. I would be hurt.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 2:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• No it is absolutely NOT acceptable. My husband never looks at porn, so for those that say it's normal for a man to do this, you are wrong. It is totally wrong! If your man fantasizes, he should be fantasizing about you, not some nasty porn star!!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Why bother bickering about it to your hubby if men want to look at porn or pics they are goin to save the fighting for something worth it. I will never understand why women think it has anything to do with them it doesnt men are men and they are not likely to change. Maybe yall are bored with you life and need something to b*tch about. JMO all right let the bashing begin lol.
    Anonymous

• Not acceptable, ask him how he would feel if you and your friends oggled over men that were well endowed...don't you think HE would feel a tad bit inadequet *spell???* These men need to realize for their wives that do CARE, out of love and respect for them to stop looking at that sh!t.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2008