Any midwives, Drs. or anyone that has experienced severe round ligament pain out there???

Im 4 mo. and keep having what I believe to be round ligament pain but experienced severe pain last night. I was in so much pain I couldn't stand up straight, could barely walk, and it hurt all the way around to my back and I even started feeling a little pressure in my pelvic/groin area. I called a Dr but all he said was if it doesn't get better to go in. A half hour later, I eventually broke down and took some tylenol because I was crying in pain and couldn't stand it anymore. It eventually went away even though today I am sore. I was wondering is this normal? Should I be concerned?

josi_g

Asked by josi_g at 10:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Is it through your hips and down your pelvis, kind of along the bikini line? It sounds like my pubis symphisis pain, which I've had in both pregnancies. It sucks. My chiropractor was able to help me manage it for most of the pregnancy, although at 38 weeks, everything just hurts now :) If you can find a chiro who has experience with pregnant women, that's what really helped me....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It starts in my lower abdomen, kind of where u feel cramps then it goes around my hips and around my back. I will have to look into a chiro bc the pain is awful and freaked me out a bit! Thank u!
    josi_g

Comment by josi_g (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am almost 29 weeks pregnant. It could be the round ligament pain. When I get mine, the pain is where my ovaries are and at first I thought it was because I had ovarian cysts before I got pregnant but after looking into it i discovered that it matches round ligament pain as well. However, the pain you are describing is exactly what I went through like last month, and that was constipation. Believe it or not, being constipated does cause that sever amount of pain, I got to the point where I cried and could move or get up and when I did I couldn't stand up straight and I couldn't walk. The pain would be in my sides like my hips, and wrap around my lower back. I ended up using ExLax, and even that took me two days to clear myself out because I was so backed up. I would pay attention to your bowel movements and see if you think you could be constipated and ask your doctor.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 1:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I never thought that that could cause such pain, Ill have to pay more attention. Thanks for your post!
    josi_g

Comment by josi_g (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011