Do you watch the new show on tlc called extreme couponing?

I don't believe all of it most stores do have a limit on how many coupons they except it's a little far fetched to me that you buy well over $1,000 in groceries and walk out paying $6-7 how bout you guys? nor would i want my house cluttered up w food .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• I watched it last night. The woman who split her purchases in to 18 transactions to save the most money? That was insane. I've been a cashier, and if I were hers I would have been very annoyed. And I second the not wanting to have loads of food in my house. I try to eat minimally processed foods anyway. I have a small pantry that barely fits the rice, past, and canned foods I have in it now.

But I do think that shopping like that might be beneficial if a small family gave the excess to a food bank or other charity.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It's not far fetched. It happens. I know a woman who does it. She has an entire bedroom in her house stocked to the ceiling with food. Personally, I find it a little greedy. A lot of the stuff expires before she can use it. I would be donating a lot of it, or at least what I couldn't use. I know how to use coupons to get stuff for free, but it takes time, and I usually don't mess with it. Once I got $50 in groceries for 50 cents. There are blogs you can follow that tell you exactly which coupons to use, and which stores to use them at. Stores do have limits, but usually you can get around it by doing separate orders. Personally, I'd be too embarrassed to line up 15 orders in a row. Hell, I'm embarrassed to even do two, lol! I feel like I'm inconveniencing everyone. The lady I was referring to above brings her family members with her as well, and they all do separate transactions.

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm really gonna have to watch that show now. I've seen more posts about it on here since last night than I've ever seen over any show, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

• it's insane..and that chick that took over 70 bottles of mustard omg do you know how long it takes to go thru 1 bottle like over a month in this house and we're a family of 5 now what in hell would i do w over 70 bottles of mustard? do these ppl not think they have a hoarding disorder or something or OCD? I have been a cashier as well at walmart and it is frustrating you have all the ppl in ur line complaining and just giving you dirty looks..I could have a small pantry but i would use up things before buying more stuff before it all expired it makes no sense buying more when you still have plenty left to eat. I absolutly would be embarrassed doing more than 1 purchase and taking up the whole shelf of some item it is greedy if they can get food like that it should be donated to a food bank or given to someone in need before expiration and just keep enough for their family..plus i don't have patienc to go thru 1,000s of coup.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I was disappointed with that show. I thought it would be more of a "how to" show than just showing people doing it and the amount of stuff they got. I still wish I could learn how this is done.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It takes alot of patience and organization and pricing ads it's too frustrating and time consuming if you ask me I would do maybe $50 in coupons but no more and i would be embarrased.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Im gonna try it lol that ws crazy
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 11:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have seen this before, and you can do it, but as you can see it becomes a job, hours of work to save this much.

I was a cashier and I thought I was great to see someone safe a lot of money. People in line behind them were rude, they would roll their eyes, heavy breathing, etc. I would just say, that was great that they saved that much money!

I need to start doing this, but I'm sure I will not save as much. ( we are picky eaters)

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I just watched this also & am amazed at what lenghts these people go through to save money on food...I mean do they actually use all that stuff they buy w/coupons...When I use coupons I buy what my family needs/uses...I wonder about exp dates also...But it sounds like these people watch that also...
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• yeah, I didn't see it, But my husband did, and he was amazed , he couldn't believe how much thses people saved with these coupons.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011