Kids and Rugrats..

Ok so all 3 of my kids have really gotten into the show "Rugrats" they looooove it!! And that is fine.. But now my girls constatly put things in their diapers, my son does it too sometimes but he is in underwear. I used to watch the show when i was a kid so I know that they are mimicing one of the babies who keeps a screwdriver in his diaper to escape the playpen.. Has anyone else ever had their kids start doing what a cartoon character does??

VBM7287

Asked by VBM7287 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• my niece and nephew do
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I never liked that show so my kids did not see it until they were old enough to channel surf.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• no- but when my daughter was littler, and she was being a brat, I would tell her she was acting like Angelica and she would get SO pissed! hahaa
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, my kids haven't. Sorry, I got a nice chuckle from this post. Maybe they need to stop watching it for awhile. I also love that show. It cracks me up. I will watch it without the kids.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yeah, but my ds did that without watching rugrats or anyother show where they keep things in their diapers or whatever. the main thing my ds does is copy phrases from shows which helps his vocab.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My youngest has always had a thing for toys in his diaper clothes anywhere he could hide them all kids are different.
    mrswhipple707

Answer by mrswhipple707 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• LOL My 15 year old loved that show when she was little but she never did anything like that
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• That's funny. My older kids watched it when they were babies/toddlers and I don't remember them ever doing anything like that. They did always tell me how mean Angelica was so we'd talk about how they should never be like Angelica.
    My 5yo has seen a few episodes now that it comes on again but she doesn't get it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2011