I need a good recipe for the crock pot involving ground beef!

Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!!

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Chili! I'm making some in the crock pot right now. I always start before 9 am, so I can have it cooking by 10 - cause my roommate sometimes likes to eat as soon as he's home at 4:30!
    Anyway, it's easy. A lb of ground beef, fry it in a pan with some onion, drain the grease... and put it in the crock pot with tomato paste, diced tomatoes (today I'm using stewed tomatoes with green peppers and onions right in it), brown beans, usually I use some chopped green pepper, and then some salt, pepper (I've been using garlic pepper), chili powder and some Italian seasoning. I pour some water in as well - less than a cup.
    And chili is something you can change up and experiment with as well.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You can do spaghetti and meatballs in the crock pot, my mom makes her meatloaf in the crockpot, I love making BBQ and pineapple meatballs in mine....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I do what the pp does, except no paste. Too thick and dries out, IMO. I use 1-2 cans of diced tomatoes with the juice and a can of corn to stretch it a litlte.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Ohh, maybe I'll try the above spaghetti. I've never had it in a crock pot.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My meal planning website has a slow cooker vegetable beef soup that I just made - so good! It used some really good spices. I don't have time to find the exact link to the recipe but it is at Food on the Table. foodonthetable.com
    (they incorporate sales from your local gro store and give you recipes ideas based on what is on sale, then email final grocery list to your iPhone.)
    Kennedy30

Answer by Kennedy30 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011