Do you believe..

God inflicts disease and sickness to us? I do. People look at me crazy but yes i do because we sin who get Gods judgment on us and we have to pay for our sins. and i know people will say now that Jesus has come its different but is it really? you can read revelation 16 and see there are more plagues to com but if you want ex. i posted some scriptures. please no bashing if  you do not believe in God. but i would like to hear what you think in a respectful way please.

Gen 38: 9But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so whenever he lay with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother. 10What he did was wicked in the LORD’s sight; so he put him to death also. 1 Samuel 16:14Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him Exodus 8:13Then the LORD said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning, confront Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me, 14or this time I will send the full force of my plagues against you and against your officials and your people, so you may know that there is no one like me in all the earth. 15For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. 16But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth Duet 28:20The LORD will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him.a 21The LORD will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22The LORD will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. Genesis 1217But the LORD inflicted serious diseases on Pharaoh and his household because of Abram’s wife Sarai. 18So Pharaoh summoned Abram. “What have you done to me?” he said. “Why didn't you tell me she was your wife? 19Why did you say, ‘She is my sister,’ so that I took her to be my wife? Now then, here is your wife. Take her and go!” 20Then Pharaoh gave orders about Abram to his men, and they sent him on his way, with his wife and everything he had.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Well... I don't believe in a god. But if I did, I wouldn't want one that makes people suffer.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, I don't think I do. I think sometimes he allows us to be sick, but I don't think he inflicts pain on us himself. But then again...who knows?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, but I don't believe in an anthropomorphic god that could do such a thing either. Suffering and pain are part of life.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Any illness or natural disaster can be explained through science and observation of the natural world.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't believe in any god so then how can said god be responsible for inflicing anything on anyone? I think disease and illness is verysimply explained by the natural world and natural means, such as evolutiion of a virus (flu, it changes every year which is why we need a flu shot every year), to genetic illnesses which are passed down from generation to generation.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Your delusions are showing ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Disease and sickness are part of the natural world we live in.   It's nature's way of weeding out the weak.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• nope
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, I do not believe in any gods. The bad things in life are caused by the choices and actions of others (murder, etc), timing (car accidents, etc), bacteria and viruses, genetic predisposition, and environmental exposure (sickness).
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Nope....I don't believe any kind of a god would inflict disease and pain and injustice to make us "pay" for the way he/she/it made us....imperfect human beings living in an imperfect world. I do not believe any kind of god would show anything but ever growing love and forgiveness(although just being human doesn't require forgiveness.) I don't buy into the idea of sin...it is incredibly self defeating.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011