Sever heartburn?

I am 34 weeks pregnant and the last 3 days i have had horrible heartburn. I have always experienced heartburn with all my pregnancies (this is pregnancy number 4) but it has always been tolerable or i have been able to relieve symptoms with meds. But as i said the last 3 days have been been beyond anything i have ever felt. Its driving me crazy, i wake up in the morning with this heartburn, it hurts to eat i am having trouble sleeping. It never goes away. Please is there anything i can do to help this pain. I understand it will go away when the baby comes and normally i would have no problem with that but this hurts soooo bad.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I take about a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a few TBS of real honey and mix together. Then put it on toast or eat it just like that. I promise you the heart burn will go away in minutes and it will last all day. There is something in honey and cinnamon that makes it work. I was skeptical untill I tried it and I cant say enough good things about it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Try sucking on some peppermints. Helped me. Nothing helped me with ds, anything and everything gave me heartburn. The doctor prescribed me something, but I can't remember what it was now.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had severe heartburn with my first pregnancy and treated it with tums. I spent many nights wakeful because of it. This time around, I'm 37 weeks, and finally talked to the doc about it. She recommended Prilosec, and I'm SOOOO glad she did. It was an immediate effect. I've taken it 3 days in a row, and I can eat what I want, and do not have heartburn at night now, where before I was up all night because every time I tried to lay down the heartburn would get worse. And that was watching what I was eating. I'd talk to your doc about prilosec. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm 34 weeks and its so ironic i have had the same thing the past few days.......even water makes me have heartburn. i didn't eat anything for 6 hours before i went to bed and it didn't help goooood luck! :)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have the same problem only i had acid reflux disease before i got pregnant with my second. I am 23 weeks pregnant with my second and my doctor told me the the best thing to take is zantac max stregnth
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011