Girls Room

I am re-doing my twin girls bedroom, any paint style suggestions??

VBM7287

Asked by VBM7287 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Depends on their styles, or your houses style. I want to re-do my dds room into a shabby chic room, with light pink, brown, green, and cream.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• They are only 2 but we had a nuetral room from my son but he is in a different room and we did his with super hero stuff I was thinking princess because they love the disney princesses, but idk if i should just do bedding that and maybe the room pinks and purples or something...
    VBM7287

Comment by VBM7287 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• How old are they? What style is the room now?

My DD is 2 and I've done her room in butterflies.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Im just trying to decide if the walls should just be a color and not really have a design so we dont have to redo it again in a few years when their tastes may change. My son is a little older so we let him pick out his bedding. We just did the walls in blue though so if he doesnt like super heros later we can get him new bedding and it will be fine. But girls are different. I am really looking forward to doing something in their room!!! But I dont want to get too crazy and have it be practical.
    VBM7287

Comment by VBM7287 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I painted clouds on my daughter's ceiling. It looks great. I just had my husband paint it light blue, then I painted the clouds with a sponge. It took a long time, but it was worth it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'd be tempted to do an Alice in Wonderland theme and then over where their beds would be paint Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

Yeah, I'm in a weird mood this morning.

It's plausible though. Rose bushes, the garden, the chesire cat smile, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I painted one wall of DS's room with chalk board paint, he loves to draw on it,,What about using some of those decals that come off easy,, I think Pink tones would be awesome,, and maybe a chandelier? If I had 2 girls that liked Princesses, I would go all out,, LOL, but I have boys,,so maybe it is just wishful thinking,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thank you for all the advice!!!
    VBM7287

Comment by VBM7287 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We're going to do my DDs' room in purple, with a cute Tinkerbell border, and maybe pink accents. Not completely sure on that part yet. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If they like priness then pink is what I would do with, with just matching bedspreads and curtains. Then just use decals to change the look for time to time. Could do each girl a cord board in their room on the wall for hangs pictures,etc.or can use chalk board paint. For the decals I forgot the name but is by disney and had priness and carriages. and would just stick and then peel off to change designs. Or a hardware store like lowes, etc might have some to choose from. I do not do border since to me hard to get off so just paint, and decorte with items that were princess.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011