Prevnar 13

I posted the other day about preparing my 4 year old for his shot at his yearly check up..

Turns out he wouldn't have normally needed one, except they came out with a new "Prevnar 13" vaccine for 6 new strains of meningitis. So lucky for my son, I turned down the vaccine for now because I know nothing about it!!

Does anyone else know much about it? Are there side effects to it? I have read that some European countries are already banning the vaccine due to a large number of infant deaths. Will you be giving this vaccine to your child?

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• My son will be 2 this year and he got a shot for meningitis 5 years ago. Not sure what the name of it was. I also have a 4 year old and wasn't told about this shot when we were at the Drs last week.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't, but my son has his 4 year well check in 2 weeks. I'll be looking into it so I can be prepared at the DR. Thank you for posting this.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• never heard of it, and dont vax unless i do
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011