rice cereal or oatmeal creal? Does one constipate baby more than the other?

My daughter is 9 monsths old. I know rice cereal helps make her constipated. Is oatmeal cereal even worse. And whats the difference? Should I just keep giving her the rice cereal or should I introduce oatmeal ceral? Thanx

lovely77x7

Asked by lovely77x7 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think the rice is the worst.

Answer by gemgem at 1:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Rice is the worst for my 7 month old. I tend to stick to oatmeal and barley.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I never really thought about it, but I gave my first rice and he was more constipated. My second didn't like rice so I gave him oatmeal and was as constipated. Maybe there was somthing to it.
    Anonymous

• My pediatrician actually told me to skip the rice and oatmeal period. she said the grains are harder for their little bodies to adjust to, and to start with baby food-- fruits-- and after they've been eating baby food for a while and are digesting it good to try cereals.
    CNsg

Answer by CNsg at 2:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• We skipped cereal. There is no nutritional value and it mostly just causes gas. From my experience, rice is bad, oatmeal is bad. One wasn't "worse" than the other.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i've given my daughter both and rice cereal constipates her like crazy, the oatmeal doesnt constipate her at all.
    Anonymous